A little more about me…
“My name is Brenton and I’ve had swimming in my genes for longer than I can remember. My grandfather was a swimming coach for most of his life and ran an outdoor 50-meter pool in the Gippsland area. I grew up around pools, with my dad being a dedicated swimming coach and my mum teaching children to learn to swim. Now my parents own a learn to swim business and continue to coach at the local swimming club which has had huge success for a country club.
“In my own swimming, I’ve made national finals and competed at a national level for 8 years. Two years ago I found my passion for coaching. I love helping other people completely change their swimming, and the look on their face once they finally ‘get it’ is invaluable. Sounds corny? Maybe, but I can tell you that the hundreds of swimmers I’ve helped over the past 7 years has been incredibly satisfying and the results they’ve got have been outstanding.
“If you’re only starting out or if you have 20 years experience makes no difference. With the right knowledge and the right skills, anyone can achieve the level of success they desire in the pool. I’ve seen it happen no matter what age, body shape, body type, height or sex you might be. If you really want to swim like the top 5% who do it well and leave the 95% behind, it can be done.
“Once again, congratulations on taking the first step on your journey of learning to swim like a champion! I look forward to working with you for years and years to come.”
When swimmers and triathletes want to get faster in the water it’s not often a matter of training harder. Fitness can only take a person so far in swimming. The most effective way to increase speed and endurance is by improving your technique. Brenton takes the drills, techniques and training methods used by the best swimmers around the world and makes them available to athletes of all levels.
These methods have been used with athletes and teams who have:
- Broken National and World Masters records (Kelly Higgins, Jenny Bucknell, Brenton Ford plus many more)
- Made National swim teams (Sam Ashby)
- Competed in the Olympics in triathlon (Samantha Warriner, New Zealand)
- Won back-to-back National Masters titles (Powerpoints MSC)
- Win open water races (Too many to mention!)
- Improved efficiency and smoothness of their stroke (you don’t have to be a top level swimmer to benefit)
More about Brenton:
- Australian National Age Finalist (400 IM, 200 Breaststroke, 200 IM)
- National Masters Record Holder
- Australian National Masters Coach of the Year (2012)
- Australian Masters National Championship Coach (2009, 2012, 2013)