There’s something about fresh fish that screams nutritious to me! This recipe sounds delicious, cannot wait to try, thanks Chef Tim Recher.
Pan Seared Trout with
Lemon -Garlic Mashed Cauliflower, Asparagus & Heirloom Carrots
• 1 trout filet-skin on
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Juice form half a lemon
• Zest for half lemon
• 1 cup cauliflower florets
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• Asparagus spears & baby heirloom carrots (You are a member of your local CSA aren’t you?!)
1. Steam the cauliflower with the chopped garlic until soft (you can even use the microwave for this)
2. Mash the cauliflower in a food processor until it is at the texture you prefer
3. Scrap into a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest
4. Taste the seasoning, adjust and keep warm
5. In a hot pan (feel free to use non-stick here if fish makes you nervous) heat us the oil
6. Season the fish on both sides and add to the pan skin side down
7. DON’T touch it! Let the fish cook and sear. When the skin becomes unstuck, it will be ready to flip. If you try to move it and it is sticking, STOP and give it a minute. It will be free when it is ready
8. Flip the fish and add the asparagus & carrots to the empty space in the pan. Season the veggies and toss it in the oil left in the pan.
9. You can finish this whole pan in a 350 degree oven or just turn down the heat to medium and let it finish on the fire. This will not take long, say 3-4 minutes max
10. Squeeze the lemon over the fish and veggies and serve!