Super League Penticton MaccaX Triathlon Camp
Date: August 14 – 20, 2018
to train, race and hang-out with one of the most decorated triathletes in the history of the sport. If you want expert tips, training guidance or just to hang out and get to know Macca, then sign up quick as places are limited!
- Training + clinics + social events
- Expert Coaching from MaccaX coaches with sessions that will get you race-ready
- Get race strategy and advice from Macca himself
- Race with Macca at Super League Penticton!
- Watch the world’s most exciting triathlon event format – Super League Triathlon
Special deal for current MaccaX members!
* Price does not include accommodation, F&B, and Super League entry.
Not a current member?
Option 1 – Best Deal!
Camp + Membership
includes one-year MaccaX membership
* All prices do not include accomodation, F&B, and Super League entry.
Tuesday August 14
- Welcome dinner/drinks/team catch up
- People who arrive earlier – potential ride or other event
Wednesday August 15
- AM Open Water Swim
- Short and long options
- 1km – 3km
- Followed by skills, in and outs and swim exit practice
- Short and long options
- VELOFIX available for bike builds, service and tune ups
- Transition skills talk
- PM ride with TT Bike course recon 2-3 hours
Thursday August 16
- AM Open Water Swim
- Short and intense efforts
- 1-2km total but with some sprints
- swim to run transition
- Easy jog – short option for racing and longer option for those not racing
- Tactics & race advice
- Afternoon ride with roll through Enduro bike course (not closed to traffic mostly down the Main Street so it would be a slow cruise. 1-2 hours. Some pre-race efforts to get the legs firing)
- Packet pick up.
Friday August 17
- AM Equalizer stage 1 20km TT
- Post race team lunch – team experience/chat/advice for next 2 stages.
- PM Open Water Swim
- Focus on recovery and some speed for upcoming events
- Option for a long ride on Friday for people who do not want to race with a run off the bike
Saturday August 18
- AM Equalizer stage 2 swim/run//swim/bike/run
- Team meet up to watch the pros in the afternoon and race recaps.
Sunday August 19
- Enduro – Sprint
- After party
Monday August 20
- Coffee/Breakfast – farewell
*Schedule is subject to change. Meal locations will be confirmed closer to camp dates.
Your Camp Coaches
Chris “Macca” McCormack
Chris is a 4 time world champion and 2 x Hawaii Ironman World Champion. He’s won pretty much every iconic Triathlon in the world and is the author of the best-selling book “I’m Here To Win”.
MaccaX is a brainchild of Chis and he’s very passionate about helping everyone in this team improve and making sure they are surrounded by top quality talent and educators in the sport who don’t feed you any b.s.
His brutally honest approach is thoroughly represented by everyone on the team and in management.
(Racing/Training/Weight Loss) @tford14
Tim Ford turned his life around with triathlon, losing over 50 kg, becoming one of the top athletes in his age group, and is now helping fellow athletes succeed in this complex sport.
Working with a wide range of athletes, Tim has excelled with those starting out in the sport as well as those moving up in distance or seeking PB’s.
(Racing/Training/Women-specific Training) @jennacaer
Jenna-Caer Seefried went from 50 pounds overweight to an age group world champion and found renewed self-confidence and athleticism, thanks to triathlon. Now she wants to help more athletes realize how triathlon and sport can transform their lives as well.
From new athletes doing their first triathlons to those trying to take their performance to the next level, Jenna loves to guide her athletes through all the barriers of getting started and show them no matter what their current fitness level or time restrictions, triathlon is within reach.
Penticton: a Triathlon Playground
The lakeside city of Penticton has had a long and storied history as the home of triathlon in British Columbia, Canada. It has hosted one of the longest-running full distance triathlon events and recently held the ITU Multisport Championship festival.
Now its shores and its streets will once again see fast and furious racing action as the venue for the only Super League Triathlon qualifier in the Americas. Professionals athletes will race the multi-day supersprint race formats, with the top four male and female athletes overall getting their “Golden Ticket” into the championship league.
Age group athletes can race the mass participation events on all three days of race weekend, with categories for individual, relay team, and junior racing.
Spectators get a front seat to all the action, with a course designed to showcase all the thrills and spills this high octane racing entails.